Sunday, July 23, 2006

Christology Reflection (Week 3)












He chose to be a man! Christ, the second person in Trinity incarnated in flesh and blood to be part of this community. He, almighty God, chose to be as vulnerable as mankind although he could use his power to overcome all odds. Due to his obedience and submission to his father, he allowed himself to be abused, hurt, offended and crucified.

As I journey towards the kingdom of God, I may experience wealth, power and status. At this point, I may begin to question myself “Will I be able to overcome the temptation of such power and glory in order to submit myself to God?” The battle will be tough, I know, but I will be ready to carry the cross.

In this stage of submission, I would expect to be treated as an outcast in a normal society. For example, if I a need to minister to a drug addict, I will have to soak myself in his company. In so doing, I will probably be conveying a wrong message to the society about myself so I will suffer from condemnation. By God’s mercy and grace, I would choose to restore broken people and direct them to the Kingdom of God.

O Lord, Let my desire be a reality for your glory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home