Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Christology Reflection (Week 2)

I have never thought that the biggest sin is to break the relationship with God and wanting to be on my own. All my life, I have defined sin mainly based on moral behavior. As an Asian, morality is very important for me and for all Asians. In our society, we gauge the goodness or badness of a person according to his/her behavior. This concept has been in my mind for so many years. This principle has condemned me and other people.

When I talked about sin, it remained something that I had learned in class. Jesus never condemned others and seldom talked about sin. Being God, he came into this world. He was incarnated in the flesh to rebuild the relationship between men and God and men to men. He liked to talk about love and shared joy with his disciples rather then condemning them.

All my life, I have been busy criticizing myself and others. Every time I ended up with sadness and hatred. Placing sin as my first priority has drawn me far from God. When I realized how God wants to relate with us, this realization has shaken me. I have been running away from God because I felt I have sinned against him so that I shouldn’t go into his presence. Now I can go to the presence of God without condemning myself. Then, with the help that comes from God, I will be changed and built into fullness of life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonzz said...

I really like this posting. Simple, honest and hits the nail on the mark. I can relate with you, being from a non-Christian background where the focus was always on doing good and merits. When we stop dwelling on our sins and guilt, and start focusing on our relationship with God, everything else somehow falls into place.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Rev. Silvester L.M. David said...

Good reflection bro..

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

footballlllll.....!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home